Wednesday, August 7, 2013

New calendar board


A few weeks ago, I found this pin on Pinterest. I liked it because the calendar board didn't have any pockets to put in extra days, date numbers, weather types, days of the week and months of the year. 
 I found the blog post, printed the parts, bought new rings, laminated and cut the pieces and made a new calendar board for this year! It is still under the world map in our school room. I am excited to use it next week and see how it will work with flipping the pieces instead of using lots of tape!
I think it will be a nice change from my old calendar board! (which is a piece of foam board mounted on the wall with command hooks.) We used that one for the last two years and I am ready for a different system. I like that we count days in school, on the left. I like that there is a new prayer about obedience for kids. I hope it will be a nice new system in our daily homeschool!

What calendar do you use? I'd love to hear about your system too!


Psalm 39:4
“Show me, Lord, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is.

Deuteronomy 11:18-20
 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates,


And our homeschool academy theme verse:

Ephesians 6:17
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...