Monday, September 2, 2013

Prayer for Husband's Obedience and Self-Image




Several years ago, I read the book Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. I really enjoyed the book, and typed up many of the prayers from the book so I could pray them over again for my husband, Joshua. This prayer is part of a blog series on Mondays with prayers for husbands. I encourage you to print the prayers and pray them along with me for your own husband! I hope you will join me in asking God to  work in his obedience and his self-image for our prayer this week...

See first prayer here.
See second prayer here.
See third prayer here.
See fourth prayer here.
See fifth prayer here.

See the sixth prayer here.
See seventh prayer here.
See eighth prayer here.
See ninth prayer here.
See tenth prayer here.
See eleventh prayer here.
See twelfth prayer here.




Prayer for His Obedience

Lord, You have said in Your Word that if we regard iniquity in our hearts, You will not hear (Psalm 66:18). I want You to hear my prayers, so I ask You to reveal where there is any disobedience in my life, especially with regard to my husband. Show me if I’m selfish, unloving, critical, angry, resentful, unforgiving, or bitter toward him. Show me where I have not obeyed You or lived Your way. I confess it as sin and ask for Your forgiveness.
I pray that You would give (name) a desire to live in obedience to Your laws and Your ways. Reveal and uproot anything he willingly gives place to that is not of You. Help him to bring every thought and action under Your control. Remind him to do good, speak evil of no one, and be peaceable, gentle, and humble (Titus 3:1, 2). Teach him to embrace the stretching plan of discipline and discipleship. Reward him according to his righteousness and according to the cleanness of his hands (Psalm 18:20). Show him Your ways, O Lord; teach him Your paths. Lead him in Your truth, for You are the God of his salvation (Psalm 25:4, 5). 
Make him a praising person, for I know that when we worship You we gain clear understanding, our lives are transformed, and we receive power to live Your way. Help him to hear Your specific instructions to him and enable him to obey them. Give him a heart that longs to do Your will and may he enjoy the peace that can only come from living in total obedience to Your commands.


Prayer for His Self-Image

Lord, I pray that (name) will find his identity in You. Help him to understand his worth through Your eyes and by Your standards. May he recognize the unique qualities You’ve placed in him and be able to appreciate them. Enable him to see himself the way You see him, understanding that “You have made him a little lower than the angels, and You crowned him with glory and honor. You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands, You have put all things under his feet” (Psalm 8:4-6). Quiet the voices that tell him otherwise and give him ears to hear Your voice telling him that it will not be his perfection that gets him through life successfully, it will be Yours. 
Reveal to him that “he is the image and glory of God” (1 Corinthians 11:7), and he is “complete in Him, who is head of all principality and power” (Colossians 2:10). Give him the peace and security of knowing that he is accepted, not rejected, by You. Free him from the self-focus and self-consciousness that can imprison his soul. Help him to see who You really are so he’ll know who he really is. May his true self-image be the image of Christ stamped upon his soul.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you prayed for your husband today? Why not bring him before Almighty God right now?


Psalm 66:18
If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;



Titus 3:1-2
Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.


Colossians 2:10
...and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...