Tuesday, August 13, 2013

End of Summer...

We had a wonderful summer at our house. We enjoyed lots of relaxation, lazy mornings, time outside and time in the pool. Each summer I usually make a list of things to do, and they are some ideas and some automatic things we will do (VBS, swim lessons, read). I have a summer fun book that we pull out when we are bored, and that gives us some good ideas too. 

Photo credit Rebekah

To do -summer ideas

Go to park-done 2-3 x
Hike, geo-cache
Camp? In backyard?
Game days with Kellums-done

Library reading program-done 

Pinterest activities (Bethany's dress)


Go to Island Acres/ Highline lake

Reading lessons with Mallory?
Math pages, writing with R, C & M- done
Read (mom and kids)- done

VBS-done (and here)

Yard sale-done 
go thru Family Fun magazines-done
4th of July in Ouray? (No)
Swim lessons-done July 15-25
Do a big puzzle-done 
Regal movies -done 2x
Go to County Fair- 7/16-20- done
Take bernina sewing class? (sewing done )




Wash kids toys/ dishes



Bead w/ Mal
Sew doll clothes with Mallory
AG class prep? Read Caroline (done), Marie- Grace & Cecile books
Print recipe cards typed-did some
Invite for play date: (names of friends-- we did once, not enough)



Board game day- did once
Crafts from Michael's/ Joann's-did one

-------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't take pictures of everything (like the kids doing math pages...) so there isn't each photo in another blog post. Caleb being in baseball occupied more of our summer than I thought it would. We didn't have as many friends over since we were busy each evening and traveling some. I did get a few books read (yeah!) but always wish I could read more. I guess that just means I enjoyed the kids!

We played lots of games, did some crafts, and lots of other fun things. I'd say it was another great summer! I did read some books for my American Girl class, and I'm thinking about adding Caroline into my schedule next semester. Lots of ideas for next summer too!

What did you do this summer? Did you travel, spend time with family or in the pool? I'd love to hear about it!


Genesis 8:22
“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.”

Proverbs 26:1
Like snow in summer or rain in harvest, honor is not fitting for a fool.

Proverbs 30:25
Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer;

1 comment:

  1. Traveled. Cleaned/purged/sold stuff. ministerd at local abortuary. hosted GJ Rockies player. Hosted family. purged more. organized. birthday freebies. cleared out inbox! gearing up to paint the house... where has the summer gone?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...